Get story ideas, important information and other announcements about our little paradise. And check back frequently to see what’s new in the Bradenton Area. For additional assistance with editorial content, article research, and press kits our media contacts are ready to help you put together a great story.
Our photo library is constantly updated with new and captivating images that are guaranteed to make your story pop.View Photos
Find out what’s new and newsworthy from around the area.View News
View a selection of our videos and get access to our b-roll library.Learn More
About The Bradenton Area
- Anna Maria Beach
- Coquina Beach
- Cortez Beach
- Holmes Beach
- Manatee Beach
- Whitney Beach
- One hour from Tampa
- One hour 45 minutes from Orlando
- 3.5 hours to Miami
- Located on Florida’s southwest coast in Manatee County on the Gulf of Mexico between Tampa and Sarasota, The Bradenton Gulf Islands are comprised of two islands, Anna Maria Island and Longboat Key, accessible by free bridges from the mainland areas of Bradenton and Lakewood Ranch.
- We have three international airports, including:
- The Bradenton Area has its own airport. Sarasota Bradenton International Airport (SRQ) offers non-stop service on Delta, JetBlue, United, Southwest, American, Breeze, Avelo, Frontier, Allegiant, Sun Country, Air Canada and Elite Airways.
- Cortez Historic Fishing Village is the oldest working fishing village in Florida and home to the Florida Maritime Museum offering programs for guests to immerse themselves in the activities of our settlers and ancestors, including quilting, soap-making, woodcrafting, net mending, fish filleting and more.
- You won’t find chain restaurants or sky-rise buildings on Anna Maria Island. In fact, all buildings are three stories or less.
- Anna Maria Island boasts seven miles of uninterrupted beach.
- Tropicana’s juice production facilities are located in Bradenton.
- Bradenton’s LECOM Park (formerly McKechnie Field) has been the Spring Training home to the Pittsburgh Pirates since 1969.
- IMG Academy in Bradenton houses the Gatorade Sports Science Institute.
- Pine Avenue on Anna Maria Island is “The Greenest Little Mainstreet in America” and Florida’s first LEED Platinum and Net Zero Energy Retail Park.
- Village of the Arts in Bradenton is Florida’s largest live-work art community with over 30 businesses calling the Village home.