We are committed to conducting our business in a socially and environmentally responsible manner.
- Manatee County Government is designated as a Florida Green Local Government platinum-level for environmental stewardship since 2017 by the Florida Green Building Coalition (FGBC)
- Our Green Team promotes Earth Day events and other sustainable initiatives.
- The Bradenton Area provides some of the best recreational activities in Florida with 33 parks, 12 preserves, 3 dog parks, miles of beaches, and the popular Bradenton Riverwalk.
- Manatee County is a proud supporter of United Way. The United Way fights for the education and financial stability of every person in the communities they serve.
- The Bradenton Convention Center promotes adoptable pets on our outdoor marquee and hosts an annual Adopt-a-Palooza event put on by Manatee County Animal Services.
- The Bradenton Area CVB supports the University of South Florida’s School of Hospitality and Tourism Management through intern programs and by committing to one day placing a classroom and one faculty member’s office within our Convention Center.
- We recycle and reduce waste whenever possible such as by providing water bottle refilling stations. Meetings, bring your branded reusable water bottles!
- We replace all bulbs in our event spaces with low energy LEDs lights.
- With the University of Florida IFAS Extension, we work with Florida friendly, drought resistant plants to reduce the need for irrigation, and will be seeding two of our three ponds with both green plants and flowering plants to teach students pond management and to attract more wildlife and migrating birds.