The Bradenton Area boasts...
Six Blue Wave-certified beaches
- Anna Maria Beach
- Coquina Beach
- Cortez Beach
- Holmes Beach
- Manatee Beach
- Whitney Beach
Close proximity to other popular Florida destinations. By car, you are only...
- One-hour from Tampa
- One-hour-and-45 minutes from Orlando
- 3-and-a-half hours to Miami
Did you know...
- The Bradenton Area has its own airport: Sarasota Bradenton International Airport (SRQ) offering non-stop service on Delta, JetBlue, United, American, Frontier, Allegiant, Air Canada and Elite Airways.
- Bradenton is the birthplace of Horse Surfing.
- Gamble Plantation Historic State Park preserves the historic Gamble Mansion, the last standing antebellum plantation house in South Florida.
- Cortez Historic Fishing Village is the oldest working fishing village in Florida and home to The Folk School offering programs for guests to immerse themselves in the activities of our settlers and ancestors, including quilting, soap-making, woodcrafting, net mending, fish filleting and more.
- You won’t find chain restaurants or sky-rise buildings on Anna Maria Island. In fact, all buildings measure three stories or less.
- Anna Maria Island boasts seven miles of uninterrupted beach.
- Tropicana’s juice production facilities are located in Bradenton.
- Bradenton’s LECOM Park (formerly McKechnie Field) has been the Spring Training home to the Pittsburgh Pirates since 1969.
- IMG Academy in Bradenton houses the Gatorade Sports Science Institute.
- Pine Avenue on Anna Maria Island is “The Greenest Little Mainstreet in America” and Florida’s first LEED Platinum and Net Zero Energy Retail Park.
- Village of the Arts in Bradenton is Florida’s largest live-work art community with over 30 businesses calling the Village home.
Official Tourism Bureau
Bradenton Area Convention & Visitors Bureau
One Haben Blvd. Palmetto, FL 34221
About the Bradenton Gulf Islands
Located on Florida’s southwest coast in Manatee County on the Gulf of Mexico between Tampa and Sarasota, The Bradenton Gulf Islands are comprised of Anna Maria Island and Longboat Key--accessible by free bridges from the mainland areas of Bradenton and Lakewood Ranch.